Pages

Alesha Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I never thought that I would've become a Tutor, atleast not now but I guess this is a good opportunity for my future career as a teacher. Writing has always been a big part of me personally because I have a habit of always writing down what I feel...it makes me really comfortable. My feelings brings me closer and closer to writing because I feel like its easier and more personal. Whe I write I feel like no one is there to judge me or comment on what I write. My Professor took us to the Writing Center at my School to observe actual tutors, we were sent in pairs to observe a tutor in a tutoring session. I realized that for most of my time there, as the tutor reads the paper that was presented to him by the tutee, he stops and asks questions. This seems to be the main strategy; to ask questions about errors that were made and what could be done to fix it without actually telling the student the actual answers. I found it interesting and I like to help people, especially in the education field. I work as a Teacher's Assistant and I mostly teach a Kindergarten class, my job is everything to me next to my school because I love teaching Kids. I certainly feel like I'm making a difference and that feels great at the end of the day! These tutors certainly makes a difference everyday and thats what I learned from my observation in the writing center.

No comments:

Post a Comment